Low Pressure on Ikea Hjuvik Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have installed an Ikea Hjuvik tap and by my own admission I didn't read the small print where it says it can only be used in high pressure systems, not gravity fed.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50060553

The cold mains fee is obviously fine and pressure on the hot feed is annoyingly low BUT:

I have the tap in place and I love it, so I don't want to rip it out and replace it - so I have 2 questions:

1. Could I add a hot water pump somewhere strategically to increase the hot pressure? If so, where?

2. Could I get a plumber or techie to somehow alter the tap to 'make' it low-pressure compatible? Forgive the noob nature of this last question but there must be something practical that makes it a high pressure only tap - it can't be magic!

In either case, I accept I'm an idiot for buying the wrong tap and I've written off the idea of returning it intact. Thank you in advance for your help.

Richard

Sponsored Links
1. Could I add a hot water pump somewhere strategically to increase the hot pressure? If so, where?

2. Could I get a plumber or techie to somehow alter the tap to 'make' it low-pressure compatible? Forgive the noob nature of this last question but there must be something practical that makes it a high pressure only tap - it can't be magic!

Richard

You could add a pump to pump the hot water yes, in many places, however a decent pump just to buy you're looking at around £150 and probably that again to fit it, and no to question 2

why not contact Ikea and ask for credit note or exchange, don't ask and you don't get, gotta be worth a try

Sponsored Links
Yeah - could do. Just re-read my comment and realised I sounded rude. ;) Nah that's cool. Jus wanted to know one way or the other. It's not awful pressure but just on the verge of not being worth taking it back.

I may try to dismantle carefully and con them ;)

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back