Low pressure toilet valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a really low pressure toilet valve because I use water from a rainwater tank to flush the toilet. There is only 1m head of water.

The new toilet came with a valve but the pressure isn't enough to open it and fill the cistern. I bought a Torbreck one from Toolstation as it went down to 0.1bar, but same problem. Even if I blwo quite hard the valve takes quite a bit of puff to get it to open! :eek:

So, does anyone have any ideas what I can use. The water is bottom entry and there isn't a lot of room in the cistern for a float.

Sponsored Links
I did see that one, but I think the float will take up too much room.

Thanks though

If the float is too big you are b`ggered :cry: the modern wc has taken your chances of getting a proper old school LOW pressure valve = save the plantet - my arse :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Just a follow up for anyone interested.

I followed HERTSDRAINAGE2010 advice and bought the Screwfix valve mentioned. I had to chop and change the arms, but in the end the valve now works on the gravity fed rainwater feed :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Many thanks for coming back to us, its always nice to know that what we said to have worked and saved you money.

Andy

Just signed up to this forum to say thanks from us too for this advice. We're installing a rainwater recovery system for flushing our toilet, with a header tank. Our fairly new fluidmaster cistern filler was filling much too slow. We found this post and although the link didn't work we were able to search the screwfix website and find it. (new link below). We were a bit worried that there wasn't enough room for the ball float but it works. I think we were going to have to replace the whole toilet if this hadn't worked!

Thanks!

http://m.screwfix.com/p/bottom-entry-toilet-cistern-ball-valve/52836

Sorry to have to tell you this but as the diaphragm washer perishes and stretches it will fill slower and slower,

What you really need is a part one ultra low pressure ball valve that Nige F mentioned

They have a 3/4 body with 1/2" tail, and the valve seat has a 10 mm orifice,
I don't fit any these days as most tanked supplies are being done away with, and changed to pressure reduced mains.
Though Ido believe you can still get them.

I have exactly the same issue as the original enquirer; rain harvested water, 1m head. I’ve tried the old-faithful Low Pressure Torbeck but the float fouls on the flush mechanism. Is anyone able to identify the Screwfix 52836 (expired URLs above) that was frigged to fit the space, per chance? Or any suggestions for an alternative?

Anyone coming here with the same problem may be interested to know that I found an excellent filler, the Torbeck B671AC-ECO Ecofil Bottom Entry. There is a side-entry lookalike. It has two pressure restrictors. With both removed my 6 litre cistern fills from a 1 metre head in less than a minute. It's much better than I had dared hope for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back