Low risk or to BS7671 for DIY?

I agree with @JohnW2
However a PM also has problems, as if you make an error, no one else can correct your error.
I have offered advice in PM, primarily to avoid the wrath of the likes of Winston and BAS but I'm very selective and hope I make the right decision to do so. However as Eric says there is no second opinion that way and a little while ago I misunderstood the OP, fortunately nothing went bang but it made me sit up.

Sponsored Links
I have offered advice in PM, primarily to avoid the wrath of the likes of Winston and BAS but I'm very selective and hope I make the right decision to do so.
Same here.
However as Eric says there is no second opinion that way and a little while ago I misunderstood the OP, fortunately nothing went bang but it made me sit up.
As I said, I would rarely, if ever, feel the need to actually give 'primary technical advice' by PM, at least partially for that reason. As I said, I far more commonly do it (less often, now that some forum members have left!) when someone has been given (what I regard as) perfectly reasonable advice (by myself, in the view of others, or by others) but someone has jumped in and confused the issue with comments about 'strict compliance with the regs' or comments about terminology etc. etc.! In other words, what I most commonly tell people in PMs is to "ignore XYZ and take notice of what everyone else has said"!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back