My Complete DIY Rewire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine that 'they' would only see a 'pressing need' if they perceived a clear (not just theoretical) safety issue - which I don't think there is.
I wonder what the clear, evidential, safety justification was for the introduction of Cmin?
It seems that it was probably forced on them' from outside. However, it doesn't really need to be evidential. They decided what they regarded as the maximum safe disconnection times and, on that basis, specified a way of determining (and provided tabulations of) the maximum Zs figures which would achieve those 'maximum safe disconnection times'. The problem was that the calculation (and their tables) only achieved those 'maximum safe times' for a proportion (albeit probably a fairly high proportion) of electricity users. They have now got close (but not quite achieved) a situation in which the 'maximum safe disconnection times) will be achieved even in installations with a supply voltage at the permitted minimum.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back