DIY Rewire

And ironically the degree is the least relevant of the three to the job in hand.
Indeed, and I think that's probably eric's main point.

It could be a bit like marking exams. It seems that the general requirement is that the person doing the marking should have qualifications which are at least one 'academic level' above that of the exams they are marking - but sometimes seemingly without much regard for how relevant was the subject of that higher qualification to the subject of the exams being marked!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Yes the LABC inspector was not the slightest bit interested with C&G 2391. My son was working as a sole trader at the time so had insurance, so we wanted him to sign paperwork, however the inspector was not having it, so son said well clearly who ever tests it must be higher qualified to ourselves, my dad has a degree, and that swing it.

We were looking at around £200 for the independent inspector, so clearly I did not want to pay the fees.

It was an error really, builder ran off, and we thought he has registered the work, so we had to get it moved from him to us we thought, however it turned out he had not registered the work to start with, so we could have just done it.

And after all the fuss he did not even pop his head in to look when completed.

We had the papers and we had the test gear, but if I wanted to do it today I would have to do the course and get 18th Edition and buy the book and my test gear will need calibrating and some bits renewed so looking at around £600 to update. So when it came to rewire rest of mothers house, I got some one in to do it. Needed paperwork as seemed likely I would want to rent her house to pay for OAP home.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back