Low voltage halogen lights blowing 13A FCU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been trying to get my bathroom lights working all day and drawn a blank. I had originally wired a transformer into the ceiling rose which was powering 5 x 20w halogens, plus a socket thawould sit in the loft space and allow me to plug in 4 LED's that would sit below the bath. They seem to work fine for a small amount of time and then the 13A fuse in the FCU will blow. They can be turned on and off a number of times before blowing the fuse at random intervals.

I have now tried witing the LED's into the transformer which I have read on here is incorrect I think and reverted to having just the 5 x 20 halogens but yet again the 13A fuse has blown. There is also a ceiling fan which is connected to this FCU but is very rarely used so not sure if this bears any relevance.

The system is in a fairly new house with a consumer unit using B6 MCB's for the lighting main, the MCB never actually goes when the fuse goes. The lighting on this MCB is well below the limit also.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Sponsored Links
What 13A FCU? you only mention a transformer and a socket, wired from a ceiling rose? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back