(Low) Voltage remains when circuit switched OFF!

Mathew..thanks for clearing up the switch thing...I obviously misread what you meant...Glad it's all sorted...

Stoday, I apologise for any anx caused, I read his post differently to you..I was not intentionally trying to wind you up you know...Hence my last post.. The reason I read it that way was because with the POWER off..he could not be getting induced PD's from anywhere, something would need to be providing power to cause the inductance...So it made sense electrically that the power to the lighting circuit had to be on..even if the switches were off..

Sponsored Links
at least you got it sorted... sounds like your meter is faulty

(EDIT - maybe the meter was showing is milivolts and you thought it was volts?

NoddingDonkey said:
Wonder if the plumbing forum is a bit 'soggy' by comparison?
Go there and ask if DIY gas work is legal, and see what you think... :evil:

My hunch is your meter was measuring some RF signal, that your mates meter was'nt sensitive to??
Next time you have a microfortnight, repeat one of the measurements with a smallish capacitor across the meter.

Sponsored Links
I think there's a lesson to be learnt here for all contributors to this particular post!

Chris.J said:
My hunch is your meter was measuring some RF signal, that your mates meter was'nt sensitive to??
Next time you have a microfortnight, repeat one of the measurements with a smallish capacitor across the meter.
But confirm that the lightswitch is OFF first! Unless you like doing a Stan Laurel impersonation, with black face and hair standing on end... :)

Cheers,

Howard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back