LOW WATER PRESSURE PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Worcester 28i combi boiler brand new running sound , upstairs the bath room pressure is fine for the shower but the bath takes 1/2 an hour to run it is slow as hell , I’ve done a test, down stairs fills slightly quicker, the pressure is that low that when I turn on the taps upstairs and down the ones up stairs stop, dry. The bath runs at 46 seconds for a gallon from the hot tap!

I am 6th on a feed from the water main and when other houses use the supply I loose all pressure. The water board have been round and completed tests which have shown that I have the min level of water pressure which they have to supply, of course they carryout the test at 11am (when all the other houses are at work or school) on a Sunday evening we have to time baths correctly to actually get a water supply!

I do have permission from the water board to carry out a lead replacement scheme which they will renew the water source to the property up to the boundary; I must then disconnect the old source and reconnect the new (with the use of some professional assistance). Is this a viable and only course? If so how much is it likely to cost or are their other options?

Sponsored Links
FIrst speak to Offwat. You will get the REAL supply criteria from them. If your supply goes below, something like twice in a month, you can claim a fee in compensation from the W co. They don't like getting them from everyone in a block every month, and have been known to deal with problems free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back