Low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gravity fed bathroom and have just recently lost pressure on the cold water to the basin, toilet and shower,the hot water is not affected. The mains pressure is ok and I have checked the tank in the loft for any blockages but have found nothing. T his has only just started over the last couple of days and there have been no new taps etc. added recently.Any ideas? Cheers Tim.

Sponsored Links
gravity hot and cold i take is what you are saying you have. the cold gravity will be on a separate pipe...
Some kind of blockage on the pipe
is the lid on the cold water storage tank ?

it could be debri from the CWST thats gone down the cold feed pipe (insulation ?). does this cold pipe only feed the bathroom ?

i might be looking to try and feed some mains water up the cold tap on the bath....ie from a hose from the garden tap maybe?...this should force water up the pipe back into the CWST and clear a poss blockage

Sponsored Links
Jamie , the bathroom is the only feed from the tank. I will try your suggestion tomorrow. Do you think I should drain the tank before attempting it? Thanks very much for your reply, and will let you know how I got on. Cheers Tim.

leave it in...it will splash less...might be helpful if the is two of you..one in the loft to look whats happening and one by the hose/bath..or what ever method you're trying

Jamie, did as you told me using garden hose from mains and it did the trick. I'll still have to clear all the rubbish on the bottom of the tank but that can wait. Cheers and thanks again for all your help. Tim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back