LPG/Gloworm xtramax- HELP!!!!

bripl said:
Agile said:
Penpusher. You mean a set of different jets to change?

you need to bone up on your boilers tony,xtramax only requires adjustment on gas valve :rolleyes:

Yes, I do know that being a premix it does not have a row of jets to change. But I was making the point softly without being overtly rude as you are towards me!

Tony

Sponsored Links
think tony was trying to point out that i was being a silly boy and that I should try reading mfrs destructions before making silly post.....

point taken :) :D :)

Sponsored Links
MrsG said:
The fault with this boiler is showing F1 .However before it does it's chitty bang bang impression there is a ticking noise, is it likely to be an ignition thing with a build up of gas then?Or a problem with the mix of gas?

Plumber B did take the flue to bits ,reassembled it and he also did check the flue gases with one of those probe thingies.

It would seem that its sparking ( hopefully on the electrodes ) but for some reason its not igniting the gas mix until later when a considerable volume of mixture has built up in the boiler.

It certainly sounds as if Plumber B has the right ideas and has used the FGA. If he has checked the electrodes then it might be time to call the manufacturers under the warranty.

Of course the engineer who comes will have to know a bit more about boilers than plumber B otherwise he will not be able to fix it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back