BIASI GARDA HE problems - no ignition - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

have googled for three long weeks and keep finding your site but no joy!

My problem is -

boiler stopped working on the friday, contacted plumber on the tuesday after bank hol - i was working a lot and debating whether to go with a recommended on or a local one - and he came on the thursday (or friday?) we managed by using others' showers etc then plumber came the following wednesday and changed the pressure switch, he said it was either this or the fan originally and after he spent a lot of time on the phone to biasi technical dept.

hot water was perfect, pilot light coming on after ignition we thought we were a winner....apart from two days later (last friday) the boiler stops working and the combination lights that say that it there is a lack of ignition come on again and we've had no joy from our plumber in coming out again as yet. We're not keen on getting another plumber out as this might result in costing us a lot more - we've alreadyspent £100 on the pressure switch and fitting and hoped for same plumber to come and help again.

money is a bit of an issue - me and my partner are both on reduced hours at work so dont have as much spare money as usual.

any advice/ideas?

We're starting to get fed up now - suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Don't think so, he looked as if he just fitted it.

Just found out we might be covered on our home insurance for emergency cover - is this normal too?

Sponsored Links
Not bothered who fixes it....as long as i can have a hot shower!!

dont think we are covered, it says we need a service in the last 12 months which we have not.

Your "plumber" is evidently not very good at fixing boilers if he has to spend a lot of time on the phone to the makers!

That boiler has quite good built in diagnostics and that will give anyone half competent a good start.

I doubt that you will get him back now. If he could not fix it properly before then its likely he will doubt his ability and then if he comes you will expect him to fix it for free ( as he failed last time! ).

You dont bother to say where you are or we could suggest someone who should be able to repair it properly.

Tony

Thanks Tony!

yeh he said he was on hold for a while struggling to speak to them about a part - im going to ring them now actually and ask them their advice about it.

I'm in huddersfield, didn't occur to me to mention it.

Also, the heating isn't calling for ignition, but hot water is then the lack of ignition boiler light combination occurs. (intermittent green outer ones with permanent red)

THanks again xx

If you dont know of anybody competent in your town then you could call Biasi on 0121 506 1340.

There can be all sorts of reasons and most are gas/combustion related and I cannot give advice on those on a forum.

All yuo can do yourself is to see there is a gas supply ( hob working? ) and that the condensate drain is not blocked but thats unlikely from your description.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back