Lube for ratchet spanners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got a set of US Pro and wondering how to seep some thin oil into the rings to lube them.
How about I fill a tub with oil and let the ratchet heads stand in it for a hour or so?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You might do more harm than good. I would think the manufacturer would have put an appropriate lubricant in there. One that is fit for purpose and long lasting. I fear you will wash that out and replace it with something less good.

Sponsored Links
I am curious why folk make a fuss about the right lube for ratchet handles if ratchet spanners should go untouched with lube.

I’ve never lubed a ratchet handle either. Been in the trade 45 years and never known anyone else to either. Are you using it excessively day in, day out or something?

I’ve never lubed a ratchet handle either. Been in the trade 45 years and never known anyone else to either. Are you using it excessively day in, day out or something?
I've always lubed any ratchet handle I get. All the moving metal to metal contact surely wears them if not lubed I've thought.

I am curious why folk make a fuss about the right lube for ratchet handles if ratchet spanners should go untouched with lube.
never heard or seen any discussion like that.

only time I've ever paid any attention to a ratchet and lube is after using 1 outdoors in the wet.

Sponsored Links
Back