Lucite Acrylic - bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just thought i'd ask if anybody knows whether baths made from Lucite Acrylic are any good? I'm thinking of buying one this weekend as they're on sale at the bathstore.

I'm currently doing up my bathroom, new suite, partition, tiling etc... All of which is very new to me but trying to get as good a finished bathroom as is possible on my budget.

The bath will be tiled all around so in my unexperienced eyes I'm thinking a bath is a bath and as long as the shape\size is good then no problem. I'd hate to discover in a few years however that its started to fade etc... (if possible with modern baths). Ultimatly i'm willing to pay whatever it takes to get a decent bath but am not stupid enough to ignore a bargain.

Any help apreciated.

Sponsored Links
If its a standard bath shape you are thinkin about, I find the steel baths are by far the best.

thanks for the quick reply, its a fairly standard shape. Basically double ended, waste\taps in middle and rectangular outer frame.

Is their any reason why steel is much better?

thanks

Steel is p!sh.Draws heat from the hot water but more importantly is very very easily chipped.

Sponsored Links
And acrylic flexes and can crack if something heavy is dropped on it :D
I personally like steel for its rigidity, so you don't have to support the cr*p out of it either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back