Luke warm bath anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hopefully this is a quick one to answer.

I've just replaced my bath as part of a bathroom makeover but when filling the bath up it runs hot for a little while then just goes luke warm, making a nice deep hot bath impossible.

I have a glowworm combi-boiler and all of the pressures seem to be ok (1.1 bar as per instructions). The only things that have changed are:

1) The radiator in the bathroom has been removed temporarily.
2) It's possible that the taps allow a greater flow of water.

Just in case the boilder can't cope with the new flow demand I have slowed the rate of flow through the hot tap to only a trickle but the temperature does not increase.

The supplies and the drainage are both the same as the old bath.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

It's a 22mm going down to 13mm bore flexi's then finally the taps which look about 13mm as well.

15 mm would be better for a combi supplied bath tap.

Is the basin tap hot enough?

If it is, you will know its not your boiler at fault. :D

Sponsored Links
Ah, the basin hasn't been installed yet so I can't test, however the kitchen will run forever at full power without getting cold and so would the old bath and taps (using 22mm as well).

That's why I can't figure it out, all I've done is changed taps and bath?!? :confused:

Are the taps suitable for high pressure system.?

It sounds to me as if too much water is flowing from the boiler resulting in less heat being exchanged into the water.

I would change down to 15mm and try your old bath taps to see if that cures it.

ah actually, scratch what I just said, I've just tested the kitchen again (must have been asleep last time) and it doesn't seem to be getting very hot...... doh...

Not sure what that means....

Perhaps you should reduce the flow of the cold water incomming to the boiler. It seems that the flow is too high for the boiler to cope with.

I'll grab the boilder model later today and post again. Sorry, could I just clarify the incoming/outgoing thing, where and what should I reduce do you think?

Thanks. :)

Hi,

Sorry I'm now a tad confused.. lol

The 22mm pipe work is existing from the old system (which worked fine)and hasn't changed so I can't really change down to 15mm. The taps are suitable for a pressurised system although I can't imagine that different taps equals colder water.

Bearing in mind that the kitchen now has the same problem (it always worked before). What can I flows/settings can I check/change on the boiler side?

I hope that makes sense, soz if I'm missing the point. :p

Turn the hot water dial to full.

If no difference in heat then its Call an Engineer time. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back