Luke warm bath anyone?

You still don't appear to have answered as to what Glow Worm it is and it's size.

To be stated as working correctly you need to have a temp increase of 35C from the hot taps at a flow rate set by the MI's, which will depend on the size of combi.

If it meets this then it will appear to be working correctly.

Sponsored Links
I know it's been a while but there has been a further development with this. Basically a work around.

In order for me to get a nice steaming bath I merely have to turn on the COLD tap somewhere else in the house. So my new routine is run the bath and run the COLD tap in the bathroom sink. This way I get hot water the whole time.

Does that make sense or ring any bells with anyone? This has made me even more confused than I was.......

Thanks.

Doug

In order for me to get a nice steaming bath I merely have to turn on the COLD tap somewhere else in the house.

All you have done is reduce the flow of water in to the boiler. :LOL:

You would achieve the same if you only open your tap 1/4 to 1/2 open.

Actually this doesn't appear to be the case. If I set the tap to just a trickle (once it's gone luke warm) it still doesn't seem to heat up. Also I've tried reducing the flow to the whole system by partly closing the stop-cock but this also has no affect.

It must have something to do with flows on the exit side of the boilder but I can't figure out what.....

Sponsored Links
When you open cold tap in sink you get hot water,so is the hot flow slower ,if you turn the blue valve handle so its only 1/2 open then you will get hotter water,reducing the flow after the boiler isnt really solving it,it does most of the times as the lads says reduce tap flow,if you reduce the cold going in then the boiler hasnt got to heat up all that cold water coming in,so the flow is less allowing the boiler to heat up that volume and giving you hotter water,dont forget its coming from outside so its freezing when it hits your boiler,giving it lesser flow of freezing water will give it more time to heat the water

Hi Alan, thanks for your input, however as I said reducing the flow into the boiler (via the stop-cock) has seemingly no effect on the temperature of the hot water in the bath. Neither does reducing the bath tap to a trickle. This is why I'm confused because it is somewhat counter-intuitive.

Thanks.

Turn dhw thermostat on boiler to max. open hot tap full. Look at boiler flame to see if it varies in height or goes off and comes back on again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back