Luke warm bath water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with my hot water and hope you can help.

My bathwater has never been piping hot but it was never a problem given that I had a power shower set up. I have just replaced my bathroom and opted for a mixer shower as the plumber advised that the water temperature would be fine once he removed an airlock in the system, however this has not been the case.

It takes a while to get hot water from any of my taps and the water in the bathroom is never as hot as the kitchen. I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior boiler with 7 radiators and the pressure is currently set at 3 bar.

Although the plumber told me that he removed the airlock, there is now a ticking noise coming from one of the upstairs radiators and the bathroom rad has not been connected up yet.

Does anyone have any help or advice?

Sponsored Links
Only take the flow that the bath/shower can heat. Thats about 8 litres per minute !

You cannot use a power shower with a combi boiler.

Tony

as agile says you will have to run the water at your bath very slowly,i generally recomend to leave the hot running slow and add any cold at the end if required.the ticking noise maybe air in the system which should be cured when the bathroom rad is fitted

Sponsored Links
IF the pressure in the system is set at 3 bar the ticking is possibly expansion of the radiator. The system pressure needs dropping to 1 - 1.5 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back