Lupin seeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My lupin plants have just started to finish flowering & I would likesave the seeds off them so I can sow them in another part of my garden next year, can anyone advise me on the correct procedure as I haven't got a clue!

Sponsored Links
let the seed pods mature, then harvest, put 'em in an envelope and sow into compost next march. Job Done.

Eddie M said:
let the seed pods mature

They will go very dry and blackish, dont leave then too long otherwise they will explode and sow the seed.

You could always divide the main clump to propagate the plant.

before you sow the seeds, it is best to chip them slightly to obtain quicker germination.

Sponsored Links
I have taken all the pods off the plant, do I leave them to burst themselves or will I open each one and place seeds in a envelope?

IVE DONE THAT SO ILL JUST PLAY THE WATING GAME NOW, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

please note 6

legs-akimbo said:
IVE DONE THAT SO ILL JUST PLAY THE WATING GAME NOW, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

please note 6

The above is Mrs Akimbo using my account...not versed in the finer points of forum usage... besides count yorself fortunate I have to listen to her shouting evey day of my life!! :(

MOD

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

as ms.Akimbo spends most of her day raising kids, instead of learning the finer points of a forum, unlike the kind mr legs -akimbo who likes to help everyone else for hours on different forums rather then helping me!! :rolleyes:
sorry I won't shout on the forum again , you learn something new every day!!

Oh, one last thing if they're hybrids, then they'll not flower true to form from seed, but revert back to their parent stock, i.e probably pink!!

sandwell said:
before you sow the seeds, it is best to chip them slightly to obtain quicker germination.

According to latest trails, this makes no difference. Agreed was an accepted practice, but apparantely TNA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back