Luxury Vinyl Tile - Starting Position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
zKNNRu8.jpg

Hi guys, I was just looking for another perspective on the position im thinking of starting from, when starting to lay some LVT that im currently measuring up.

I've attached a floorplan of my house, highlighted where i will be laying the flooring, and crossed where i imagine will be the best place to begin.

My thinking being this gives me the smallest amount of working backwards (into the WC and the right of the main entrance area).

I was just wanting to check others would agree, or offer an alternative i may have overlooked. Thanks in advance
YImJWzB

Sponsored Links
thats fine - its the longest wall or abutment to work off.

1. thinks about any internal or external thresholds.
2. measure across floor spaces or dry lay across - this allows you to divide cuts, & not to end up with slivers. take plinth lines into account.
3. if you intend to flow the flooring through your floor plan then you will also have to have a dead accurate setting out line from the front door to the back door. a laser line will work.
4. the line can be moved a little to left or right to take account of item number 2.
5. all the usual prep is done and dusted?
6. all materials and tools are on site.

https://www.factory-direct-flooring.co.uk/aqua-plank-ultra-pewter-oak-5g-click-vinyl-flooring

Thanks Bobosd, haven't bought them as of yet and have the tools that the instructions require. There is an old style laminate in place currently which I intend to remove, aswell as the skirting boards as I'm not a fan of trim.

I am wanting to lay throughout without transitions, I envisage the WC door area will be the most difficult area, being laid backwards.

Thanks again!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back