LV Downlight cover/not cover with loft Insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I had just installed some downlights into my top-floor flat. I am wondering whether I could replace the fibreglass insultation over the downlights. Or do I need to place soemthing over each of the downlights?

many thanks in advance?

Peter

Sponsored Links
You should cover your down lights with fresh air, They should not be covered at all.

There is a design of cover in the R.S. catalogue, but there around £30 a fitting. :(

Joseph

Thanks for the reply.

In that case do I have to get one of the fire prevention covers? They cost around £10 each !! Or do I just cut out an adequate hole in the insulation material?

Sponsored Links
Hello,

R.S. order telephone number - 01536 201201

cover size 200 x 120mm

Max light fitting size 100 x 95mm

Stock number 442-3609

£18.83.

Joseph

If you're feeling flush you could buy covers but as breezer said, just leave some clearance around the fitting. It should say in the information with the fittings, if not leave at least a 6 inch gap around the edge.

Hi,

I am interested in this thread also. Can the covers mentioned be used for mains voltage downlighters - presumably it makes no difference as long as there is enough airflow? Does the place mentioned have a website? Can the covers be bought anywhere else such as normal DIY store? Are there any alternatives? :confused:

tia
Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back