LVT on a concrete floor few questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have read all of the posts re LVT over a concrete floor.

I have tested the concrete in place, and the worst reading was 19% on the external wall side of the room, averaging out at about 8 % across the floor.

I assume that as its under 25% the need for a damp proof is not a huge concern.

I will be laying Karndean Stick Down on the following floor

Floor.jpg

From previous posts I envisage the following being used

- 400 Repair Mortar (would this be needed to fill in the cracks etc)
- p131 neopreme primer
- Actual levelling compound I would appreciate some suggestions - I am competent DIY'er, but not undertaken this challenge before. Room is 5mx3m onto concrete. I assume a water based would be most suitable, as this appears to be the most forgiving? Product suggestions very welcome.
- I am ok with how to mix, lay etc.
- Any recommendations for a glue for the Stick down planks for a first timer.

Appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
Don’t understand the reading you have. Should be below 75%RH. Most floors test at 57-70

What meter are you using

Dryzone Moisture Meter Detector​

Granted it’s not industrial standard, but good enough for a gauge?

Sponsored Links

Dryzone Moisture Meter Detector​

Granted it’s not industrial standard, but good enough for a gauge?

You need a specific damp meter for measuring moisture in a concrete subfloor, not a general moisture meter, something like a protimeter or hydrometer box for a true reading.

As for adhesive, we use High Temp adhesives on all our installs nowadays, Karndeans guarantee will only be valid if you use their own adhesive options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back