M10 or M12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
can someone tell me the easiest way to measure if a tap (monobloc) I have has M10 or M12 flexi tail, I wish to buy some new ones. I suspect they are M10

thanks

Sponsored Links
A tape measure will do the trick!
If you need to replace the tails why not go to a friendly plumbing merchants and buy both 10 & 12 mm tails on the understanding that you can return the unused size?

It refers to the thread so you need to unscrew the old one first.

Sponsored Links
I think you will find the documentation refers to 10/12 mm tails, not M10 or M12.

I think you will find the documentation refers to 10/12 mm tails, not M10 or M12.

Same thing Ben, it refers to the thread that screws into the body.

Sometimes you will see 10 x 8 for example, that is the thread and bore.

What I meant was that M10 and M12 flexis often come in 15 mm pushfit or compression at the other end.
Wouldn't be the first time there was a misunderstanding about what is what.

To OP, are you trying to establish what goes into the tap body, or what connects to the pipe coming out of the tap body?

Yes but the m10 still refers to the thread in the body.

10 x 15mm

Yes but the m10 still refers to the thread in the body.

Indeed, so much easier than bsp where 1/2" does not actually have a half inch; not the o.d., not the i.d., and nowhere on the thread either. :LOL:

10 x 15mm
That is exactly what I meant to indicate, the (M) 10 thread on the does often not have a 12 mm pipe or pushfit, but a standard 15 mm.

Bear in mind that the OP may get it from b&q or the likes, where the staff doesn't have the beginning of a clue about what is what in plumbing.

It will be marked on the pkt, flexible tails for monoblock taps with the size of the thread plus the size of the pipe.

And in some cases they also put the bore of the nose :eek:

Just get a M10 screw or bolt and see if it screws into the body.
If the tap is M12, the screw will almost fall in, if it is M10, you will be able to screw it in until it has little or no lateral movement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back