M6 nut fitting for bracket

Sponsored Links

racks for audio gear etc use these. A music shop might have them, You can buy stainless and no doubt Amazon have them.
just make sure that the metal around the hole is ok.
These have to be clipped in from the rear so, as the OP says it is an enclosed box section they will not be suitable.

The OP needs the type linked by Stivino (#13), and JohnD (#3). Used hundreds of these in fabrication work.

Or these by MM666 might work.
I bet it was some plastic insert such as these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371143123452

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
No they don’t.
you can push them in from the front.
big fat screwdriver

Not sure if Mr MOT man would be impressed but you could use a cable tie- poke an end through the round hole, pick it up in the rectangular hole with long-nose pliers, feed through placcie thing and bracket, pull tight.
And yes do something with that rust patch even if its only wire brush and Hammerite :)

Sponsored Links
Not sure if Mr MOT man would be impressed but you could use a cable tie- poke an end through the round hole, pick it up in the rectangular hole with long-nose pliers, feed through placcie thing and bracket, pull tight.
And yes do something with that rust patch even if its only wire brush and Hammerite :)
As long as it is secure and cannot foul any moving parts then Mr MOT man wont be in the least bit bothered by it.

Wasn't sure about that given its a part of the braking system...
This.....

DefectCategory
(a) Electrical wiring:

(i) insecure or inadequately secured
(ii) insecure and in contact with sharp edges or connectors likely to become disconnected
(iii) likely to touch hot or rotating parts, drag on the ground or the connectors for braking or steering disconnected

Minor
Major

Dangerous
(b) Electrical wiring:

(i) slightly deteriorated
(ii) so damaged or deteriorated it is likely to cause a short-circuit
(iii) for braking or steering components extremely deteriorated

Minor
Major

Dangerous
(c) Electrical wiring insulation:

(i) damaged or deteriorated
(ii) heavily deteriorated
(iii) in such a condition there is an imminent risk of fire or formation of sparks

Minor
Major
Dangerous

Back