M6 Toll

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just returned from week on South coast around Bournemouth.

The M6 did indeed have a sign saying congestion ahead. I wanted to ignore it and use the M6 to see if it was true, but before I could utter my desire, the missus had taken off down the toll road!

One thing I found weird - the card machine does not ask for sig or PIN, just spits out the plastic and up goes the barrier.

NOTE TO MIDLANDS CARD THIEVES: GET HOURS OF PLEASURE DRIVING UP AND DOWN THE M6 TOLL ROAD FOR FREE...

Sponsored Links
It's the same with train ticket machines. A mate of mine pointed out that if you are a member of the yobbery from a neighbouring town, and can't be a**ed to pay for a taxi home you could just mug pretty much anyone, take their switch/credit card and buy your tickets home. Or even more likely, take it after the machine ejects it then use it to buy your ticket whilst your mates threaten the poor s*d who owns the card.

The M6 toll booths probably have security cameras so hopefully in the event that someone uses a stolen card they can check the video for the time it was used and identify the person.

Doubt that was considered when they designed them, mind!

Sponsored Links
Back