Mac book pro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just acquired a mac book pro from my niece. It seems to work well in all areas apart from being very slow when using the internet compared to my PC. It uses Safari as a browser & has a spinning coloured pie chart that keeps appearing & means you cannot get sites to open or use any functions on the sites when they eventually do open (click on links, type in info etc). I am using it wirelessly with a bt hub as opposed to hard wired like my pc. It's the first time I have used a wireless device wondered if this was the problem or I should use another web browser, I use firefox on my PC. I should say that it does improve after being connected for about 10 mins but is a real nuisance before that. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Install Firefox or Chrome and see if there is any difference in performance.

Is it downloading any significant updates? This could slow down all other traffic into the laptop depending on the bandwidth of your internet connection.

The fact that is it running on wifi rather than physically connected to the router shouldn't make a noticeable difference to browsing.

What operating system version & version of safari?
If you go to about this mac what processor and memory does it say? I upgraded the memory in my old macbook pro 13" but some of the more modern macs are non upgradable.
If you go to preferences, security and disable add ons does this speed it up?

Thanks Paul & The Victorian, doing a software update seems to have improved things, I have no idea why though unless it is a known glitch.

Sponsored Links
Glitch ? With Apple ? Nah you must be joking, a company making such profits would never leave their fan-boys in the doo doo - would they ?

-0-

Men is running fine, I only got the Macbook pro late last year tho.

Sponsored Links
Back