Macerator Lid Seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
So I've done the hard/disgusting bit and managed to fix my macerator, but I'm really struggling to get the lid back on with the thick seal in place.

I've tried placing the seal in the lid and on the unit itself, using some washing up liquid to help it on its way, still nothing. The seal either slips off the unit or not amount of force will make it go, it's tighter than......

Apart from binning the macerator, does anyone have any helpful tips? Perhaps ditching the seal and using an extra thick bead of silicone?

Sponsored Links
Rubber seal fits on to the lid then smear with washing up liquid, then gently knock the lid on by work your way around the edge of the lid until one of the end catches locates then work your way along both edges of the lid until the other catches locate. I use a rubber mallet but if your using a normal hammer then place a piece of wood where your about to strike the lid or you could crack the lid. Hope that helps.

Removing the seal and using silicone doesn`t work.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip. I think I'll try putting some ratchet straps around the body and lid to keep it square whilst I tap around.

And to think I was worried about Boris screwing things up causing companies to leave the uk.

Evil things in mho but I know folks who make a good living out of working on em buttttt you should smell the back of their vans cor what a fuxxxxg stink

Evil things in mho but I know folks who make a good living out of working on em buttttt you should smell the back of their vans cor what a fuxxxxg stink

I do 5 a day, can walk in the pub for a drink on the way home and I`m cleaner than all the plumbers, plasterers and painters in there lol , as for the van I don`t bring my work home with me! lol

I`ve learnt the hard way mate there`s been a few times I`ve had to use the customers shower but after 18yrs I don`t get caught out now. lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back