Macerator Lid Seal

Sponsored Links
I've been caught out by a macerator lid.... After We'd told the big ass polish decorator that there was no power to the unit a few days before.

It wasn't pretty.

I certainly wasn't going near any pubs....

Rubber seal fits on to the lid then smear with washing up liquid, then gently knock the lid on by work your way around the edge of the lid until one of the end catches locates then work your way along both edges of the lid until the other catches locate. I use a rubber mallet but if your using a normal hammer then place a piece of wood where your about to strike the lid or you could crack the lid. Hope that helps.

Removing the seal and using silicone doesn`t work.

Turns out I was making life harder for myself. I had the seal in upside down. It has a u shaped crosse section which I thought the edge went into....apparently not. It was still a real pain to fit, but I got it there in the end. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back