Ariston Eurocombi SX20 sealed chamber panel gasket query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some help with the availability of a replacement seal for the sealed chamber front panel on an Ariston Eurocomb SX20 MF FICE

The panel at present has a black silicone seal apparent under the metal frame and my service engineeer is unwilling to remove the panel by cutting this seal in case there is any damage caused (for which they would be liable) as Ariston have advised that there is not a replacement seal / gasket for this panel.

Ariston have said '...replace the seal by using a heat-proof silicone...' but will not provide written advice of this as they do not want to be '....liable for any damage.....'

None of the diagramatic views for this boiler show a gasket as a seperate item to replace one already in place, and I can not find any info to say that silicone is the original seal - so I am I stuck in the proverbial hard place ? Do I have to idemnify the engineeer and just say I'll take the risk eg they damage the panel as the present seal is so firmly in place, or is there a specific gasket made to fit the shaped panel for this unit that I can obtain and have fitted?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Sponsored Links
The seal on this model sticks like sh#t to a blanket!!

IF carefully prised apart no damage is done ! (at least I have never damaged one)!!

You may need to straighten the cover in places though !!!

CR#P design !!

The front panel (complete with bonded seal) was available as a spare part when I checked a couple of months ago at releatively low cost.

Thanks for the prompt replies!

Hi gasguru - any idea where you got the panel as a spare? If I can get the engineer to source one I would be happier with them replacing the part if it does get damaged - forwarned, and all that.....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back