Trick to changing Velux Sash gasket seals?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I've traced the condensation accumulation under the metal covers attached to the frame and window which then runs down the seals and runs into the bottom corners on worn seals.

So I duly ordered the seals online, and this weekend tried to fit them but came unstuck fitting the seals to the window sash.

The old ones were stapled in place, and I've removed these, but cannot seem to get the new seal into place. The old gasket has shrunk so slides easily, naturally the new one is extremely tight.

I've tried sliding it down the channel it fits into but it gets stuck. I've tried lubricating the new gasket and channel but still couldn't get it to slide fully up the channel. The channel is L shaped.

Has any else replaced their seals who can offer some guidance or is this a job best left to velux?

Does anyone know how much velux charge to renew the window and frame gasket seals?

Sponsored Links
Nx1977 Hi

I am sorry but I have no knowledge on this subject, so why am I posting? simple the thread has been un-answered for some time and been viewed on several occasions.

OK Lets cut to the chase? how about you look at YouTube? [or whatever it is called?] on there you can find out almost everything about well everything?

Sorry if I am not directly answering the Question posed, but? the above may be an assist?

You appear to have done all that I would try, clean and then lubricate the channel to get the seal in, but there as with everything else, a trick? the above MAY? assist?

Good luck.

Let us know how it goes?

Ken.

Thanks for the reply.

Most bits about servicing a velux window are on youtube, but I haven't seen anything about changing this gasket seal I'm struggling with.

Velux UK aren't much help, no longer seem to have their own engineers either.

In other countries their own engineers will do this for a very reasonable fixed price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back