Mag Cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

What is a 'mag cleaner' ???

I have just had a plumber round to sort my boiler, he has changed a part and said it was full of 'silt' and advised the system is flushed and a 'mag cleaner' is fitted.

He said i could get one from screwfix but when i went on there website it did not find anything with regards to this item.

Sponsored Links
I just fitted a magnaclean to my system as I had it drained down when I replaced my cylinder. Got mine new off ebay for less than £80 delivered.

Fitted it easily, checked it a couple of days later and it's catching stuff so seems to work.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

I run the www.myplumbparts.com website that sells products you are talking about.

I noticed we get a lot of hits coming from this forum so as a thanks Ive set up a discount code in case any of you wanted to buy something.

At the checkout type in voucher code DIYNOT and you will get 10% off.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Terence
Wow! A website that actually monitors it's visitors and reacts to the data!

Great stuff Terence, had I not already had my new boiler and replaced the majority of the plumbing in my house, I'd probably have taken advantage of this.

I'm sure other people will appreciate it :)

I just went to plumb parts website to order the magna booster 2 and it told me that the coupon code had already been redeemed. :(

Didn't bother ordering it then.

I just got one with 10% off. It will be delivered next week.

The guy that runs the site fixed it for me when i called him. He said it was an error with the set up. Seemed like a decent chap! He sorted it out there and then.

just ordered my one as well :LOL:

I am sure there is rule about free ads on diynot

The magnabooster 2 looks like a very well thought out solution.

I'd like to ask anyone who has these in action and about the residue removal. Once the residue is gone (after several drainings of the magnabooster, does it comes back very slowly or not at all, with the correct liquid inhibitors installed etc?

The magnabooster 2 looks like a very well thought out solution.

I'd like to ask anyone who has these in action and about the residue removal. Once the residue is gone (after several drainings of the magnabooster, does it comes back very slowly or not at all, with the correct liquid inhibitors installed etc?

we have tested this at work along with most of the other filters on the market and the magnabooster came out top.

My local Plumbcenter has a TF1 on display on the counter, complete with a clear bowl and mucky water inside, so whilst waiting to be served I started messing, removed it from its stand and gave it a big shake..... The bugger leaks and it's nowhere near a boiler, what chance does it have?

Yes, I did check to make sure the top was tight.... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back