magic white emulsion too gloopy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
used magic white fpr the ceiling, did great with the roller. Now using the rest of the tin for the walls before putting on the final light coloured coat.

Problem is the paint (which says "virtually spallter free") seems to be a bit sticky and isn't going on well at all with the brush.

I know your next question is the walls. Wallpaper been stripped back to the old layer of magnolia emulsion (which is onto lining paper over plastert board) We filled the odd bit. (By the way did the exact same in the other room with the same tpye of walls, lining and old emulsion & painted over no probs. Anyway, went over it yesterday with water based plaster sealer just in case. (used this before with great results.) So it's not the walls, I think it's the paint.

It feels hard to put on and it ends up almost streaky and sticky on the wall and doesn't want to go on that well, almost as if it's too thick.

Question is anyone find the "splatter free" magic white to be rubbish or is it just me?

Any suggestions as to what to do with my 2 gloopy looking painted walls. Is it easy enough to sand it down when dry or should I try removing with water while wet??

Sponsored Links
never used this tracker stuff myself.. But it does sound to me like it needs thinning, especially on lining over p/board. Whats it say on tin?? Other probs ; did you get all the old paste off when you stripped???
Plaster sealer? i'd normally use a thinned emulsion.

anyhows.. If it's a mess will the old lining come off?? if not i would line over and paint with two coats of emulsio. If dulux trade: one thin coat and the next a bit rounder (thicker) Should come up brush/roller mark less..
good luck..

If, as you say, it's the same paint as the ceiling, then it cant' be the paint.
It must be the walls and as confident says, it's probably paste.

Did you wash it off :?:

Sponsored Links
thanks, must be paste. doh!
I probably didn't wash them right. I only used the plaster sealer cos I had it there and I had filled a few areas with some left over joint filler.

I'll wash with sugar soap and try again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back