magnaclean fitting advice

Sponsored Links
don't bother with a magnaclean fit a spirovent magnabooster on the boiler return, much better product.

Where can you get the Spirovent Magnabooster from?

When I Google it I get no results and it says: "did you mean spirovent magma booster"

The only thing I can think of is the Spirovent dirt and air.

don't bother with a magnaclean fit a spirovent magnabooster on the boiler return, much better product.

Where can you get the Spirovent Magnabooster from?

When I Google it I get no results and it says: "did you mean spirovent magma booster"
The only thing I can think of is the Spirovent dirt and air.
they are good to boost the power of a volcano in your garden if desired :eek: :LOL:

I have an original Spirovent, and looking at the Magnetic version I think it is just a gimmick, since the magnet will only catch particles that have already fallen through the labyrinth and gone into the collection bowl.

I fitted a Magnaclean in my old mum's house and am very happy with it. There is very little non-magnetic material that I could see when flushing it and the water is clean and clear (I gave it X400 then X100 afterwards and the magnet still picks up a thin smear of black after 2 years, but I cleaned out the F&E again today which had got dirty again, and will see what effect that has)

Sponsored Links
I notice the spirovent memorybooster is available only in the UK. Perhaps this because the advertising claims police are less diligent here.

What about the opinion on the Fernox Boiler Buddy? Has anyone used these and are they any good at all?

Fitted alot of boiler buddys , neater install supposed to be based on formula 1 oil filtration technology , or so they say , they work but I do not beleive they work as well as the magnaclean e.g the one with the gauze , fitted loads of them , now using the fernox TFI magnetic filters done about 10 , hydrocholonic ,( I think thats the word ) action , probably means swirling action , like the spirovent they can be flushed with out dismantling !!!

never fit a boiler buddy,they have pump valves as isolation valves and there not designed to be turned off frequently,they can also pass which would be a nightmare :)

Fitted alot of boiler buddys , neater install supposed to be based on formula 1 oil filtration technology , or so they say , they work but I do not beleive they work as well as the magnaclean e.g the one with the gauze , fitted loads of them , now using the fernox TFI magnetic filters done about 10 , hydrocholonic ,( I think thats the word ) action , probably means swirling action , like the spirovent they can be flushed with out dismantling !!!

I really like the boiler buddy but it is let down by the fact it has to be removed to clean. There is a good chance that the plastic connections are not upto the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back