Magnaclean Shut Off valves not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I have a Magnaclean unit fitted on the Boiler Pipe which is situated on the wall in the garage. I would like to clean the unit but when I try to close the Magnaclean Valves they just spin around! The unit unfortunately has been placed in a very awkward position so cannot see any marking on the valves to show whether they are open or shut!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
They do spin around and around, to give 2 on and 2 off positions in every complete turn. In the base of the black knobs there are cutouts that you look through to see the two 'off' positions. Could you use a small mirror to see? the text will be backwards of course ;)

I imagine this is because of the many positions the valves can be installed in can limit access. A quarter turn in either direction results in them being off.

loosen the bleed screw on the top. Then turn your valves. When the water stops, you know you've isolated it.

Sponsored Links
Hi Stem and Htgeng

Many thnaks I will try as you both have suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back