Adey Magnaclean Professional

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

Just after some advice please on a Magnaclean Professional. Having moved in to a house I have one fitted, it is about 5 years old.

I am wanting to drain it and clean but there are no keys for it. I am content in removing the lid but the inlet and outlet valves seem slightly stiff. Is this normal?

Could I remove the filter lid without these valves closed? Any precautions I need to take.

System is a combi system with multizone heating, upstairs and downstairs.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan.

Will give the valves a bit of a crank, without the "key" I will use some moles and a cloth.

Let the system warm up first,then turn
it off.
Close both isolation valves,open the air vent to realease the pressure then using both hands,one to hold the body and the other to open the lid
Thats the way i do it when there is no key

Sponsored Links
Right... so I have now isolated, removed, cleaned and refitted. System up and running.

Would it be advisable to dose the system with X400 or equivalent and circulate for a few days then drain off and dose with inhibitor? Or should I just keep checking the magnaclean in weekly stages and clean?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back