what is magnaclean

A

alsheating

hi,

this may sound very professional

I am not a plumber, but had one magnaclean professional fitted with combi system

basically I want to know is,
does both water for central heating and hot water taps, run through the cannister (magnaclean cylinder) ? or is it only water for sentral heating runs thorugh this?

reason I ask is, when cleaning I saw this black sludge, and am worried if I am using hot water for food prep that is passing through this cannister?
maybe I am getting paranoid, but is that possible? :rolleyes:

thanks
Imran

Sponsored Links
Magnaclean Filters are fitted on the 'return' pipe work of your central heating system.

I suppose in theory that one could put a magnaclean for the hot watertaps if you live in a high iron content water area :idea:

Sponsored Links
I have finally sussed it out, I think

thanks for the helpful info people,
after a hour of experimenting, I found that when the central heating is "on" the pipe which the magnaclean is fitted on the "return" gets slightly warm to touch, this did not happen when I was running the hot water, prior to putting the central heating on.

by the way, you know the mains water pipe going in the boiler.... is this slightly smaller than the others?,
and also has a bb gun gas cylinder type thing on it? what is this thing aswell? :eek:

speaking of bars, and I have my problem sorted now.

they are tested to 1 bar, but i put the bar pressure up just above 1 on the dial of the combi. what is this bar pressure for with the little gauge and how come you only need to put on about 1.2 bar when there is a whole dial left?

when magnaclean test them they only test them to 1 Bar ..seems a little strange to me they should be tested to at least 3 bar..

i think the fernox TF1 is much better anyway

what is bar?

I am not a plumber btw, as my nick may suggest.

Just showing him what a bar looks like ;)

Btw it's the Horseshoe in Glasgow. Britains biggest bar :LOL:

Thats a nice picture, but like dextrous says's bars do not interest me at all.

and I am not a tee total btw.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back