New Magnaclean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've been considering fitting a filter to my system recently as it will be drained down to add a new radiator.

I have seen that Adey have released a new version of the Magnaclean and was wondering if anyone has tried it?

I know Magnacleans didn't have such a good reputation initially but surely now they have improved now?! Seems to be a love/hate thing with a few fitters I have spoken to.

http://www.adey.co.uk/Pro2_preview.asp

Sponsored Links
why not fit a spirotec dirt seperator and avoid having an experiment in your house...

I personally love them, the newer model allows you to neatly install it inline and it does feel more sturdy than the magnaclean pro. The only small issue i have with the new model is that a drain cock still hasnt been installed at the bottom, there is a 1/2" plug for a valve or drain cock to be installed but this would have been nice to have been implemented at the factory stage of the product.

THe Spiro will undoubtably be still be there in 15 years time, still doing it's job. The Magnaleak will perform much better, but there's the potential risk and will it last?

Can't understand why it is taking so long to address the quality failings with the Magnaclean. It is brilliant at it's job, but fatally flawed. Not as if the problems are a secret. Hope the new one is better.

Sponsored Links
The main leak problems ive had with the older model were from the iso valves leaking from the glands. This has apparently been solved with a higher quality seal but i suppose only time will tell as theyve only just been released.

I've got three of the original ones in my holiday lets but with one the spanner no longer fits the top!

That one also leaked around the top and as the spanner doesn't now fit I assume the plastic has 'grown' and now the seal is inadequate. Is this the main problem with them?

leaking around the top seal is problem with older models yes. Ive not heard of the large spanner not fitting anymore, well not until now anyway :)

Only need to do them up hand tight.They modified the cannisters,there are 2 different spanners as well as 2 different size large O rings for the lid,you need the serial number of the unit for the correct O ring.If looked after magnacleans are no problem,and they are the best for removing magnetite sludge.They also have a new sheath for the old model which has a strainer/scourer part.

Thanks for the replies, the only reason I am unsure on the Spirotech is that they don't seem to collect much dirt!

The new spirotech have an external magnet that claim to collect 90+% of black iron oxide in a single pass and although I haven't fit a domestic size one before I'd bet they actually collect more loose debris in the system than any of the other in line filters on the market

Fitted a Magna pro 2 today, nice bit of kit, but I like all the Magnas, new and old anyway, Adey customer service for spares etc is second to none IMO :mrgreen:

The new spirotech have an external magnet that claim to collect 90+% of black iron oxide in a single pass and although I haven't fit a domestic size one before I'd bet they actually collect more loose debris in the system than any of the other in line filters on the market

its a big fookin magnet i'll say that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back