magnaclean units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just read some stuff on these units and they sound good,can you tell me if any of you have used them and do they work as well as the bumph says.is £100 about the normal price??thanks.

Sponsored Links
They are good as a supplementary cleaner AFTER a good powerflush hasbeen carried out. I would not use one instead of a powerflush ;)

IMO very good, better than the Fernox boiler buddy in tight spaces, and they now do a 28mm version for about £130 +VAT. Your 22mm one is about £90+VAT, but does include isolation valves.
It's not see through, but is dead easy to clean as the magnet has a removable plastic sheath.

Been looking at these myself as my Plate to plate heat exchanger keeps blocking up on the combi.
It lasted 8 years and then the shower kept doing the old hot cold hot routine....... Took it out and did my best to clean it out but 8 months later here we are again. Should i get a power flush done first before installation?? Whats the ball park price for a powerflush??

Sponsored Links
And what exactly does one get for that? I dont fully understand how a power flush works....... is it simply a high pressure flush through?

You can read quite a lot about power flushing at:-

http://www.kamco.co.uk/

There is also the Institute of Powerflushing but their web site is currently off for maintenance.

The trouble is that just having a pump does not mean that its going to be done properly. It needs considerable skill and the use of the most appropriate chemicals.

Tony

Agile said:
The trouble is that just having a pump does not mean that its going to be done properly. It needs considerable skill and the use of the most appropriate chemicals.
Yeah, but it's still really just a show for the customer, ain't it?

If done properly it really is a great thing for most systems.
I have done about 30 flushes now (Kamco) using the official Kamco chemicals and every one has been a success
It takes the best part of a day to do it properly,not a couple of hours like some seem to take
Round here approx £400 + vat

Agile said:
. It needs considerable skill and the use of the most appropriate chemicals.

Tony

Come on Tony."Considerable skill" is slightley over worded. Its hardly rocket science!!

HarrogateGas said:
Come on Tony."Considerable skill" is slightley over worded. Its hardly rocket science!!
Everything is relative HG - from Agile's perspective it might well be appear that it takes considerable skill. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back