Main 18 HE gurgling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have an issue with the above boiler upon firing up. The unit gurgles and only stays on for 5 minutes then flashes up with Air Pressure Switch failure. It does this 3 times before Locking out.

I can resolve this by draining the Condensation trap for some reason which is External to the CChamber. The boiler will then work for about 5-6 hours but then once the Condensation trap is full this error will re-appear.

I do not plan to open the combustion chamber after having a read through the FAQ's I know this is a no no. But I would like an idea of what's going wrong if anyone has come across this before.

Thanks for reading.

Michael.

Sponsored Links
I would hope that is the case. Trouble is it's such a pain as it's only got an inch of play from the wall. Could disconnect it from the soil pipe I suppose and see if anything comes out. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Thank you gents. Was treated to a bucket of old water which I was glad of and the condensate pipe was indeed gunked up. Only moved in the house last year but would guess the boilers a fair few years old. Ran a hose pipe through and flushed the crud out. All fine overnight. Thank you again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back