Main combi 24 HE issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I friend of mine has a problem with this combi he owns, just recently both the dhw and the central heating have been problematic. The current situation is that both the dhw and central heating only comes on after an average of 7mins after the demand has been made, he can hear the fan and the pump start up but it fails to ignite. If however the heating is running (after 7mins) and then a demand for dhw is required, the dhw works.

any ideas what might be causing the problem?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
how would I check this components?

Also since this post, the boiler is now taking much longer to fire up, approx. 15mins.

Could it be that the burner is clogged up and needs cleaning?

can anybody shed some light on how I would test the air pressure switch? Its getting worse and I'm sure its going to pack up very soon.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Anybody in the East London E11 area that is willing to have a look please leave you number here and I will call you to make an appointment.

thanks

This appliance with that fault it's the aps 99% of the time. maybe even more.

My friend had a plumber come out last week as it was getting worse, he spent an hour and "somehow" got it going but said if it was to happen again came it was the PCB that was faulty and needed replacing. Well guess what happened?, it started playing up the same night so he brought a new PCB and its not made a difference!

People on this forum are suggesting its the air pressure sensor but before I replace it, can somebody tell me how I test/check it? there must be a way, a voltage reading or something visable to check it.

Thanks again!

just to let you know that this issue has been resolved and it was the air pressure switch in the end! after another plumber had come and failed to diagnose the problem, my friend called in Main/Baxi and they sorted it for him.

Thanks for all your advice and support

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back