Main dealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently got my car serviced and mot at a local main dealer. The heat shield was loose and the mot tester came out and said he would tighten it up. I passed the test, however I was less than impressed to be charged £15 for it being tightened up, I would understand if they put new ones on, but tightened up seriously?

Another thing,
When I went back for a service I asked on the phone if I could have a waiting appointment, they said I will jot that down, I said great, see you then. Get to the garage and the lady on the desk had a right go at me, and said there is nothing on here to say that, and put her shoulders up. The car had to be in for most of the day. I then said well, can I get a lift back home? The lady, said no, you didn’t book for one! Very poor service, I hope some think the same too

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised they charged you for that....however, I always bung the tester the price of a drink for little bits like that.
John :)

You didn't mention which car manufacture that was!

Sponsored Links
I'm quite surprised that a main stealer could charge you that little - I thought their tills only worked in £100's.
Last one I went to charged me £22 for a camshaft oil seal and brought it to me on a silver platter while I waited in an executive lounge. Unfortunately I nicked the lip when fitting it, so got it's replacement from the local bearing factors for £1.29.

Sponsored Links
Back