main fuse box tripping when using twin grill on cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone can help. we have a creda electric cooker which was already in the house when we moved in 3 years ago. When we turn the twin grill on the main fuse box for the whole house trips out. The grill can be used in the single mode ie half the grill but not the whole grill. before we call an electrician i thought about doing some of our own checks but not sure where to start.
Please help
victoria (waynes wife)

Sponsored Links
what rating is the grill ( should have a label some where saying how many watts / amps)

and what rating is the the thing that trips

just a thought the thing that "trips" does it say rcd and have a "push to test " button?

if it does your grill has an earth fault, either new element or new grill, no need for alec (alectrician)

Thanks Breexer
I will check out those things you mentioned.
Vicky

Sponsored Links
may be this can help if you do have an rcd in your board it would trip when you turn the grill on but me thinks that the grill is bigger for the load to take on full,
looks like you might have to get the calculator out
more information please,
size of the grill watts output size of the cable whats going on at the fuse board what size is the fuse powering the fuse has the fuse been damaged when it tripped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back