Main Mersey Super

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have above multipoint heater and cannot get it to light. I replaced thermocouple and everything was ok for a few days. Last Friday, it was a bit windy and the pilot blew out and now i cannot light it. The pilot comes on straight away but as soon as i let go of the gas button, the pilot goes out. According to manual, the next thing to check are the thermocouple connections (seem ok), energy cut out device (checked ok for continuity across 2 terminals), and the flame safety device (is there anyway to check this out?). Has anyone got any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
I am sorry but these are gas and safety related and as you are not gas registered I cannot give you detailed information on an open forum posting.

The pilot may not be correct or the gas valve may not be responding correctly to the voltage from the thermocouple.

To be useful only voltage measurements are relevant due to the very low voltages involved.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back