Mains 30he no heating or hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Have the above boiler no heating or hot water 2 faults lights showing one as flame failure/ condensate drain blocked and the other light indicates fan or flue fault according to manual..

Condensate is not blocked as I opened the pipe outside and it's clear, can't hear the fan kick in too..

Any help appreciated before I call a engineer

Sponsored Links
You need to check the condensate drain flows from the boiler connection.

A combustion/flame fault needs an engineer.

Tony

You need to check the condensate drain flows from the boiler connection.

A combustion/flame fault needs an engineer.

Tony

Thanks for the reply, I took the front cover off (2 screws) condensate is clean and free flowing,I can see the fan at the top left but it doesn't come on when heating or hot water turned on could i check for 230v at fan for possible fan fault?

Regards

Had an gas engineer out did a few test and 150 later one pcb fitted, now the problem is boiler fires up for 10secs max then goes off repeats this cycle 4 5 times then the flame failure/blocked condensate drain light stars flashing.

Engineer not sure why he's had the multi meter out testing things but 4 hours later still same problem

Any pointers please.

Sponsored Links
Hi peeps

Please help wife nagging now hot water is fine the above problem is no longer a problem.

The problem that's has occurred now is heating comes on temp goes upto 50 degrees then goes off it keeps repeating itself the Temp sensor has been changed but problem still their please help anyone?

Thanks

Six days go by and magically with no explanation the boiler is now firing up! What went on during those days?

Strangely other faults are now evidenced.

Why has the engineer not identified and corrected all the boiler faults?

We can put a man on the moon but he cannot fix your boiler!

Tony

Six days go by and magically with no explanation the boiler is now firing up! What went on during those days?

Strangely other faults are now evidenced.

Why has the engineer not identified and corrected all the boiler faults?

We can put a man on the moon but he cannot fix your boiler!

Tony

Inspector agile..

As explained above pcb was reported as a fault replaced worked fine for 6 days as you remember, strangely yes another fault has appeared as mentioned in the above post, the engineer advised faulty temp sensor this has been changed but still same problem.

Any help appreciated guys

Any help appreciated

The eng likely didn't reset CH/DHW Temp knobs when fitting new pcb and the CH temp knob is 180deg out of position.

The eng likely didn't reset CH/DHW Temp knobs when fitting new pcb and the CH temp knob is 180deg out of position.

Thanks for the reply joe, will get him out to double check, is it best to turn the knobs fully off or open and then put pcb in? I don't think he's aware of the resetting the knobs.

Thanks in advance mate

So let's recap. For six days during the big freeze the boiler stopped working. Then it started working again. During that time you had someone come out and take a wild guess at the fault and charge you for a part you didn't need.
He then fitted it wrongly.

You need the old PCB putting back in and the money charged refunded.

Then never use him again.

...You need the old PCB putting back in and the money charged refunded....
Joe-90, the only one who can check a pcb from behind his keyboard, and record-holder for deleted boiler advice posts because they were not just wrong but also dangerous.
Let's recap: he Joe knows very little about boilers in general and on the electric side of the story, he can not explain the essential difference between a neutral conductor and a live conductor. :rolleyes:

Hey guys, don't want you guys arguing because of me.

Just to clear a few things after the pcb was replaced the boiler would fire up and go off that was traced to a loose connection on the board (a white lead) but then we had the problem of heating going on and off once it reached the temp of 50deg (hot water fine), engineer changed temp sensor still same problem.

The reason for 6 day delay engineer was trying to find out what could be the cause hence I didn't come on here, yesterday engineer advised he could not work out the fault hence my post.

As joe advised ch knob being out 180deg engineer has been back to alter it but still the same problem, but through out all this hot water is still fine.

Will probably ring baxi tomorrow for some advice.

Hope that's cleared the misunderstanding

Any pointers greatly appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back