mains adaptor for portable Venturer DVD player

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a portable DVD player that is powered off the car cigarete lighter. HOwever I want to use it in the house therefore need an adaptor to power the device from the mains.
I have looked on the net and for my PVS19271 DVD player a number of sites are offering an adaptor for this model but it is rated at 9V and my player is rated at 12V, 3 amps.
Does anyone know if the 9V adaptor will power my DVD player?

Sponsored Links
If it is recommended for your model then it should work ok, it could be that the voltage from the car battery is dropped down to 9v, but if you are unsure then I would suggest getting a multi voltage universal type that you can vary to suit the device. Just ensure that it is rated to the correct current requirement ie 3A http://www.maplin.co.uk/Family.aspx...r-Power+Supply+Adaptors&utm_campaign=MainMenu click on the power icon on the shoulder heading on this page & you should find something suitable, sorry could not get it to link to the correct page directly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back