Peugeot 107 Audi and 12v cigarette lighter socket.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The missus has a Peugeot 107 year 2009 with factory installed CD/Radio.
Looks like see has some how managed to take a fuse out that is protecting the CD and the lighter socket as they no longer work.
I have had a look at the manual and checked the fuses in the cars fuse box all working fine.
There is no stated fuse for the lighter socket in manuals tables nor any instruction how to remove the CD player so I can get in behind it.

This problem started when in my wisdom I let her use my satnav, the satnav needed some charge and she decided that the USB plug was the correct adapter to use in the lighter socket, without the aid of the extra male adaptor that is supplied for this power point.

Can any one offer any help on this matter, I assume it's a fuse rather than a loose connection.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Mursal for the link, I will search through forum for similar problem or post my question on their forum. I have emailed Peugeot, still waiting for a reply. I will forgive them at this time, considering the festive period is upon us.
Many thanks and a Happy New Year.

Sponsored Links
The little Pug I drive around at work has two fuse boxes - one under the bonnet behind the battery, and one inside behind a panel under the steering column. The lighter socket is fed from the one below the column.

I also found a connector for a second socket behind the panel the only socket is mounted on, all fused up and ready to go, so swapping the connector on the back of the socket was also possible.

Are you sure there is only one fuse box on the car?
It does have second fuse box. As below.
The little Pug I drive around at work has two fuse boxes - one under the bonnet behind the battery, and one inside behind a panel under the steering column. The lighter socket is fed from the one below the column.
Sounds like the same set up as the 107.

But the manual is not over helpful, when it comes to this fuse box, no table for fuses. But states for dashboard.
It puzzles me why the CD player has a dedicated fuse which also supplies the
internal light which works fine, even though the CD player does not power up.
More investigation needed me think, I have not yet removed the panel below steering wheel, will do today.

Sorted thank you good people.
Fuse was located in the steering column, 15Amp had blown, so replaced that and everything is working.
Cheers All
Happy NY

....It puzzles me why the CD player has a dedicated fuse which also supplies the
internal light which works fine, even though the CD player does not power up...
Car CDs and radios usually have two power supplies - one unswitched supply keeps the radio happy it is still attached to the car, and hasn't been yanked out of the dash by some passing oik, so you don't need to use the security code every time you want to turn it on.

The other supply, switched with the ignition key, lets it know when you are in the car, so it's time to turn itself on.

It's a bit like a bathroom extractor fan with run-on timer.

Sponsored Links
Back