Car Cigarette Lighter

Again, the output voltage will be shown on the charger....my guess is that the batteries are in parallel but I'm sure we'll find out soon.
I've never had any dealings with scooters like these.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Just one thing to consider,Aidee said it had 2 X 12V 34Ah batteries. It's likely these are connected in series giving 24V rather than in parallel.
It would certainly be worth checking. I has assumed, mainly as the battery configuation wasnt detailed in the opening post that it was 12v, and a quick google suggests there are plenty of 12v scooters, however as you say, if there in series to give 24v the whole plan is less clever.

You could still wire a lighter socket accross half the bank, which would be a lot better than not being able to get home, but would over time introduce inbalance in the battery bank, significant or otherwise.

Daniel

I checked with a colleague who worked on rehab equipment and wheelchairs. He says there are both 12v and 24v versions. I must admit I wouldn't normally wire lead acid cells in parallel which is why I raised the point, but you could use isolation diodes.

Sponsored Links
A diode will give you a 0.6v drop, where are you proposing to fit them?

Peter

Back