LG DVX582H DVD player with USB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got this new DVD player and I am perfectly happy with it.

My question is should my ipod (80gb model) work in the usb port of the LG DVX582H??

Or is an IPOD Mp4 or some other format. Can I do a cheat to enable it maybe?? :confused:

It does say in manual 'music storage device' can be replayed.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I doubt it, but it depends what you mean by "work"

The USB port is there to read from a hard drive of some description; and because it's a DVD player rather than a computer then then what it will accept will be a bit more limited. Check your manual, but it's usually along the lines of FAT32 (the disc formatting), not more than 'X' gb, and file formats in MP3 WAV etc

Yours is an Apple iPod - so I doubt the HD will be formatted in a Windows type file storage format. The second thing will be the music file format. AAC might not be supported on your DVD player.

Afaict itunes just copies the files over and adds some metadata and ipods set up for use with windows use a fat32 filesystem. So mp3's will work, unprotected aac may work, apple protected files won't work.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response.

When I say' Work' I mean play the music on my ipod.

All the different formats and coding is far to complex for me, thought there might be a firmware or some kind of setting I could change.

No worries, cracking machine, well happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back