MAINS FUSE GETTING WARM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
can any body help i have a swimming pool at the bottom of my garden which uses 9.5 kw heater and i use 25mm cable and the length of the cable is 150ft. the probelm i have is that the cable which comes in the house which goes to the main house fuse seams to be getting warm.

is this ok ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry what?

The title says that the main fuse is getting warm, but your post says the cable.

Which one is it? Or is it both?

hi

i am useing 25mm cable runing down the garden to the pool heater.

but the which comes in the house to the main fuse is getting warm as to is the main house fuse.

Sponsored Links
Is the cable warm all the way along the length that you can reach?
Is it the main house fuse getting warm or the fuse supplying the cable?
Are you sure of the rating of the swimming pool heater?

the cable which goes to the main house fuse is in a lead pipe and the out side of it seams to be getting warm and yes 9.5kw heater .

When you say the cable that goes to the main house fuse are you meaning the cable to the pool heater or the main electricity supply cables to your house?
When you say main house fuse do you mean the fuse for the whole house or just the one for the cable to the pool heater?

main house fuse i mean the one for the whole house.

the cable which gets warm is the one which gies to the main fuse for the whole house.

Is it warm between the main fuse and the meter, between the meter and your fuseboard or both?

Is it warm all the way along or just at one end?

Can you post some pictures (see the wiki for info on how to do this)

just seams to be getting warm where the cable comes in from the ground up to the main house fuse and the + cable which comes from the main fuse to the meter

And is the cable only getting warm when you use the swimming pool heater or do you have an electric shower in the house of a similar power rating which causes the same?

Please can we have a photo of your supply cable / cutout / meter / consumer unit etc...

This will give us a much much better idea of what might be at fault

How hot is the cable / fuse getting?

Yeah, we need a pic so we can try and gauge what size supply tails you have (hopefully) and see the set up as, not being rude, you sound a little bit of a novice when it comes to the electrical side of things.

sorry no way of a pic .

ends trails are 25mm , and main house fuse is 100a.

will try get a pic done next week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back