MAINS FUSE GETTING WARM

Sponsored Links
Hows-it-hanging said:
We must see a picture, so we all can make fun of it.
Not that, we cant make head nor tail of that the poster is telling us, since he himself doesn't appear to know what he's talking about, so a picture will help us immensely.

I understood him from his first post..

how did you lot not get that it's the DNO's cable before the main cutout and the cutout itself that are getting hot, and that he is feeding his pool heater with 25mm² cable?

you repeatedly ask the same question again and again..

ColJack said:
I'm just waiting to see a picture of his 25mm entrails. ;)

Sponsored Links
I'm waiting to see this 25mm² cable that he's feeding the pool with. perhaps he means 2.5mm² or 25mm one linear dimension.

Well, 25mm sq cable should be heavy enough for 40A at 150ft. And a 100A head would be ok, so perhaps a connection problem somewhere. Do you have the equipment to test voltage and current?

richy850 said:
the probelm i have is that the cable which comes in the house which goes to the main house fuse seams to be getting warm.
is this ok ?

Highly suspect.

Did you contact the electricity supply company and ask about the maximum incoming load that the supply cable can supply to the house.

The current rating of the main fuse is not always an indication of the current that the supply can provide continuously. It may be that the incoming supply was never intended to supply 9 Kwatts for long periods of time.

ColJack said:

If you look again he does not make it clear which particular cable is getting warm, or which fuse and judging by the apparent lack of knowledge shown it is best that this was cleared up before speculating ;)

ricicle said:
ColJack said:

If you look again he does not make it clear which particular cable is getting warm, or which fuse and judging by the apparent lack of knowledge shown it is best that this was cleared up before speculating ;)

the cable which comes in the house which goes to the main house fuse seams to be getting warm.

and
the cable which goes to the main house fuse is in a lead pipe and the out side of it seams to be getting warm

which to me makes it clear that this is a relatively old incoming supply from the days when a couple of Kwatts was a typical maximum domestic loading

ColJack said:
cable which comes in the house which goes to the main house fuse

seems prety self explanatory to me.. :rolleyes:

Yes, but the first thing he mentioned was the cable to the swimming pool so it had to be ascertained that it wasn't that he was on about.(As he also appears to have a limited knowledge on electrics)

Are you just here to cause trouble? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back