Mains pipe diameter with Megaflo and softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been dealt with elsewhere, but I couldn't see anything when I searched.

Doing a whole house renovation including the plumbing. The driveway is being replaced so I thought it would make sense to get the incoming mains uprated from 22mm to 28mm.

I have selected
- a boiler - Vaillant 637 - 100% sure
- a cylinder - Megaflo 300L - 100 sure
- a water softener - Tapworks AD15 - 80% sure.

All going into my garage so space is not really an issue - within reason!

The reason for this post both is that both the water softener and the megaflo have 22mm incoming and outgoing connectors. Is it really worth upgrading the mains to 28mm or should I stay with the existing 22mm ?

Another option is to upgrade the mains pipe to 28mm and look at alternate water softener and hot water cylinder.

Would also appreciate any advise on water softeners. I want one where I can buy it online myself without the reps coming to pester me so that rules out Twintec, Harveys, etc and one can does not necessarily take block salt only i.e. can also take tablet salt. Oh, and one with a high flow rate.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back