Mains powered siren/sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to install a mains powered sounder to be turned on/off at will. Would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction. I already have cctv system just want a sounder.

All the ones I have found are 12v.

Sponsored Links
If you can't find one, I think I've got a few in the shed. They are from a fire alarm, and I think 24v but have a voltage converter included connected for mains use. They're proper motor-driven sirens, not electronic sounders, and IIRC about 8"x2"

Sponsored Links
If you can't find one, I think I've got a few in the shed. They are from a fire alarm, and I think 24v but have a voltage converter included connected for mains use. They're proper motor-driven sirens, not electronic sounders, and IIRC about 8"x2"

Thanks all for the suggestion.

John D-that's jolly decent of you.

I am looking to install a mains powered sounder to be turned on/off at will. Would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction. I already have cctv system just want a sounder.

All the ones I have found are 12v.

Why mains powered? Whats wrong with a 12 or 24v sounder. What exactly are you trying to achieve.

Why mains powered? Whats wrong with a 12 or 24v sounder. What exactly are you trying to achieve.

I have a cctv system sending me alerts and wanted to scare off any unwanted visitors. So want to be able to sound a siren at at will and switch off. The only economical way is to plug this unit to a wifi plug so i can activate it remotely.

I have the ability to do that on my watch/phone via an alarm output for the same reasons.

can you please explain in details how you achieve this.
In detail won’t be possible as I never built the system. All I know is I have a modified and extremely loud siren that can be triggered separately from my watch/phone if I so wish, along with every other important electrically operated ‘device’ in and around my home. I know the alarm outputs coupled with a GSM dialler handle this.

I have got a 2 wire siren and attached the inside image of the siren below. Just looking for some indicators and confirmation that I can connect a 12v adaptor to the DC in(blue connector) to power from mains.

siren back.jpg

Most DVRs/NVRs have alarm inputs and output relays which can be controlled from the phone app, all you need to do is wire the 12v though the relay to the sounder.

Ive used then to control loads of thing from garage doors to big sliding electric gates. The sounder thing is a good idea the master blaster will defiantly scare someone off they are stupidly loud just dont forget to turn it off or you neighbors will want to kill you. But most DVRs also have a audio output which can be connected to amps and speakers which lets you verbally shout at people using the phone app which prefer over a sounder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back